Tuesday 6 December 2011

5/12/2011




So this post is coming in a little late, I would have posted yesterday but I decided to reserve Monday nights my long-run training sessions.  
The rest of the week was actually pretty decent as well. On Sunday I really pushed myself in the pool, and a the end I finally found a pace that I think I can hold for a decent amount of time. Its not exactly lightning speed, but I can keep doing it longer than when I'm really pulling my strokes in. Also later in the week I met up with my TNT team for swimming at the Olympic Stadium! It's a little far of a drive, but it was really cool to be swimming in an Olympic pool. 
Biking has also been going pretty decently, with learning a good number of drills that I can practice on the bike. I'm realizing that I really need to buy a bike trainer, because going for spinning classes is getting pricey, and the old stationary bike that I have at home just isn't the right fit for me.
Running has also been going well. I've been splitting up my training because long, speed, and interval sessions. I know it might be too soon to tell, but I think it's been paying off already. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, Monday nights are now my long sessions. Last night I ran for about an hour and a half at a fair 10min/mile with a 1% incline on the treadmill. While that speed isn't so fast, I'm glad that I was able to keep it up for the entire time, without my heart-rate spiking up too high (see data below). Small incident though last night, I was about a half hour into the run when a fuse popped. That explains the little dip (the others were probably me replugging in my headphones).

That's it for now. Tomorrow I start sending out as many facebook messages as I can to fund-raise for St. Anthony's with TNT.
Keep on Tri-ing!






0 comments:

Post a Comment