Tuesday 27 December 2011

Winter Running

So just a quick followup on my last post about how treadmills are (potentially) bad...

I decided to give running outside a chance after much criticism from my team and coach about all my treadmill running.
Apparently triathletes aren't afraid of a little inclement weather, and it was suggested that I just put on some layers and head out the door.


The rest of my team has been running outside every Saturday, and obviously I cant admit that they are tougher than me, so I really had no other choice but to start getting ready for a little cold-weather treading. I headed over to The Running Room, suited up, and was all set.

The important thing to keep in mind when running outside is to wear many layers.
My personal preference so far has been;
- Under Armour base layer compression top
- Champion quick-dry half-turtleneck top
- Running Room Jacket
- Ronhill Vision Winter Tights

As winter gets colder I might have to switch to a warmer option for my legs, but for now I seem to be ok. I tend to get quite hot when I run, so I'm perfectly content.

I went on one quick run just as a test, and then I also had the opportunity to run with my coach on the beautiful Mount Royal on Xmas morning. Below is the map and my watch data for that run. Im not sure whats up with the pacing, its kind of all over the place, but while running we were generally just above 10 minute mile.


That's all for now,
Keep Tri-ing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment